The workshop focuses on Management Reporting – processes, organization, IT support, presentation technics from practical point of view. A management report generates the desired effect only if the decision maker recognizes the main issue in a short period of time. Compact composition and transmitting messages are essential. Through our messages we can transmit diverse content: evaluation, conclusion, problem-solving proposal etc.
At the end of the workshop, participants will obtain an in-depth understanding of the methodology and toolkits on how to improve the effectiveness of information processing. There will be extensive use of a range of real life examples, case studies, discussions to achieve the goal mentioned above.
To enable participants to:
- learn how to prepare professional management reports
- set up reports in an effective and recipient oriented way
- get acquainted with the methods making the reports ideal in aspects of content, logic and formality
- learn how to highlight key messages
Using interactive learning materials we encourage participants to remain actively engaged throughout the entire course. Learning by doing in teams guarantees a high quality and sustainable transfer of knowledge:
- work in small groups
- case analyses.
The workshop will be useful for:
- Financial controllers
- Management accountants
- Information system managers
- Finance managers and accountants
PROGRAM OF THE SEMINAR
08:30 - 09:00 Registration
09:00 - 10:30 Overview of Management Reporting
- How can we put company in motion with our reports?
- The psychology of reporting process in order to achieve the wanted effects
- Proportion of standard reports must be reduced in favour of special reports.
- It is not the report that puts the organization in motion but the measures on the basis of deviations.
- A controller has to be aware of the „psycho-logic” of reporting in order to produce the desirable effect.
- Adequate IT backup helps controllers to undertake their new role as interior consultants.
Practical case study: “Formulate” different type of key messages!
10:30 - 10:45 Coffee break
10:45 - 12:15 Setting up reports and analyses: Try to transmit messages!
- Presentation technics, story-line
- Effectiveness of arguments: you have to broadcast messages
- The quality of arguments, their composition and logic decisively influence the effectiveness of reasoning. Therefore the ideas in the written document should be arranged into a pyramid structure under one main message.
- The storyline and the chain of key sentences should be set up before we start editing, writing. This structure helps transmitting the message and facilitates the efficient communication with the recipient.
Practical case study: Present the company’s current situation effectively to your boss and convince him of your suggestion in 3 minutes!
12:15 - 13:15 Lunch break
13:15 - 14:45 How to prepare effective, proper charts and sheets?
- 80 percent of business problems can be visualized by five basic diagram types. All elements of a well designed diagram or chart support the message.
- Similarly to the notation of maps the system of symbols of economic categories used at the company have to be standardized.
- The key of diagram and chart making is to emphasize the essence of the dense mass of data instead of hiding it with the format.
- The 0th step of making reports is composing the messages.
Practical case study: Choose the right diagram type to express your key message!
14:45 - 15:00 Coffee break
15:00 - 16:30 Channels for management reports
- Trends in IT support of management reporting
- Report on mobile applications
Practical case study: Elaborate a board presentation!
The number of participants is limited due to practical exercises.
Tamás Ürögi, Consultant at IFUA Horváth & Partners
Project experience (extract)
Lecturer of several trainings in management reporting
Activity based costing system implementation for commercial banks
Contribution to the process optimization in the headquarter units at a Hungarian insurance company
Defining OPEX decreasing actions for financial companies
Deficit reduction action plan in a health care and higher education institutions
Organizational restructuring and (business) process reengineering in health care and higher education institution
Controlling concept and cost allocation system introduction to health care institutions
Strategic management methodology for higher educational institutions
Development and implementation of centralized management system of business companies of a Local Government
Industry experience: financial institutions, public administration (health care, higher education, local governments)
Methodological competence: activity based costing, controlling, process management (business process reengineering and organizational restructuring)