The workshop focuses on methods of Lean Six Sigma from practical point of view. Goal is to enhance the methodological knowledge of participants and ensure tools and methods for a quality focused operation of companies.
At the end of the workshop, participants will obtain an in-depth understanding of the methodology and toolkits on how to improve processes with Lean Six Sigma. There will be extensive use of a range of real life examples, case studies, discussions to achieve the goal mentioned above.
As a result during the business game the participants:
- understand the quality oriented thinking through own experiences
- can re-organize the company’s processes with Lean Six Sigma methods
- learn how to plan and execute actions of change programs
- get feedbacks on results and financial impacts of their actions
Process live! business game, presentation, discussion. Trainings with business games enhance the efficiency of learning and support to transfer the new knowledge into practice.
Using interactive learning materials we encourage participants to remain actively engaged throughout the entire course. Learning by doing in teams guarantees a high quality and sustainable transfer of knowledge.
Who should attend?
The workshop will be useful for:
- functional managers
- process managers
- employees from functional areas who have to cooperate in processes with other areas
PROGRAM OF THE SEMINAR
08:30 - 09:00 Registration
09:00 - 10:30 Introduction and business game
- Short story of Lean, Six Sigma and other process optimization methodology
- Basic principles of Lean
- Basic principles of Six Sigma
- When to use Lean Six Sigma? Why to combine both?
- Business game – first round
Practical case study: Business game
10:30 - 10:45 Break
10:45 – 12:15 Starting with DMAIC
- What is the DMAIC?
- Goals and tasks of Define and Measure phases
- Process mapping
- How to find key performance indicators?
- Measure the process and report the data
Practical case study: Draw processes with SIPOC methodology
12:15 - 13:15 Lunch
13:15 - 14:45 Analyse, Improve and Control
- The two ways of analysis: the process door and the data door
- Tools of analysis: route cause, five whys, Pareto analysis. etc.
- Lean assessment tool (value added and non-value added processes)
- Mudas – 8 types of wasteAction plan, time and resource plan
- Handing over the process to the process owner
- Continuous process improvement
Practical case study: Calculate sigma level
14:45 - 15:00 Break
15:00 – 16:30 Business game final round
- Set targets for the new process
- Make a top-down plan
- Make a detailed process description
- Define the layout
- Define the capacities
- Make a pilot
- Run the new optimized process
Practical case study: Business game
This workshop will be conducted in English.
Róbert Velenczei, Principal consultant, Senior trainer, Head of the Organization & Operations Competence Center
6 years experience in consulting and coaching
Professional Experience - Training (Extract)
Holding process optimization and cost-effectiveness trainings since 2005
Moderating strategy creation and business planning trainings since 2006
Holding financial, accountancy and controlling trainings with Business games (Factory®, Global Factory®) since 2007 for more than 1000 participants
Elaborating a framework for Lean Six Sigma program, training and coaching of LSS projects at a major telecommunication company (2013)
Professional Experience – Consulting Projects (Extract)
Developing a process governance model for a telecommunication
Elaborating a framework for Lean Six Sigma program, training and coaching of LSS projects
Analysis and redesign of the controlling processes (in particular: planning, reporting, KPI’s) of a service provider’s central European subsidiaries
Business process reengineering of procurement processes and organizations – from conceptualizing to detailing internal regulations and implementation at a major pharmaceutical company
Creating the main concept for the reorganization of the engineering department and processes at various public utilities
Supporting project management in implementing SAP BPS, BW and BCS modules.