[Executive Workshop] Cost and Profitability Management with the new methodology Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing (TDABC)
The increasing demand from companies/organizations in understanding their services and products true cost and profitability have created a gap that the new methodology Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing (TDABC) is helping to close and is providing top management with quality data that can support their operational decisions and strategic initiatives.
The TDABC methodology is being used for several strategic initiatives: to calculate the true cost and profitability per customer, product, service, sales channel; to review and align the pricing strategy; to support product-mix optimization and SKU´s rationalization; measuring capacity; processes improvement; shared services costing control; etc. For that reason TDABC is a fundamental management tool for strategy execution.
To enable participants to:
- Understand why companies need methods of cost management and profitability.
- Position TDABC among the different evolution levels of Cost Management.
- Understand the differences between traditional costing, Activity-Based Costing (ABC) and Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing (TDABC).
- Learn the main stages to build a TDABC model.
- Identify the main areas of application and benefits of TDABC.
- Acquire TDABC competences through practical exercises and case studies.
- Understand how to manage a TDABC project and its main challenges
- View TDABC fully implemented in a solution and understand the power of its results for strategy execution
The participants will acquire the knowledge and skills through lecture, demonstrations, practical exercises, discussion, individual work and group work with other participants and trainer.
Who should attend?
This event is exclusively designed to provide valuable insights for CFOs, CEOs, CIOs, COOs, Directors, Vice Presidents, Senior Managers, and Managers of:
- Management Control
- Profitability Analysis
- Product Costing
- Pricing Strategy
- Strategy Planning and Execution
- Business Development and Account Management
- Operational Management and Processes Optimization
PROGRAM OF THE SEMINAR
08:30 - 09:00 Registration
09:00 - 10:30 Introduction to the costing methodologies
- Recognize the needs and challenges in the area of cost and profitability analysis and reporting
- The different levels of organization maturity for Costing and Profitability models
- Understand the differences between Traditional Costing, Activity-Based Costing (ABC) and TDABC
Practical case study: Discovering differences between Traditional Costing and Activity-Based Costing (ABC)~
10:30 - 10:45 Break
10:45 - 12:15 Time-Driven Activity Based Costing – Introduction
- Logic of the TDABC
- The key steps to build a TDABC model
- Cost per minute calculation, TDBAC Process Maps and Time-Equations.
Practical case study: TDABC case study and individual exercise
12:15 - 13:15 Lunch
13:15 - 14:45 Time-Driven Activity Based Costing – Build your own model
- Develop a TDABC model in a team exercise
- Present your initials results
14:45 - 15:00 Break
15:00 - 16:30 Time-Driven Activity Based Costing – Dashboards and Key Benefits
- Profitability Dashboards and Reporting Examples
- Benefits / Advantages of TDABC
- Case studies and project examples
Practical case study: Live demo of a TDABC model in an advanced software solution
This seminar will be conducted in English.
The number of participants is limited due to practical exercises.
With a degree in Industrial Engineering and Management at Oporto University, Miguel started his career in the Automobile Industry following with an experience in Textiles. At the end of 2002 he began his career at Maersk Logistics, a leading company in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, collaborating in strategic projects in Portugal, Denmark and Holland. Founder and Partner of Cost and Profitability, Miguel is recognized as a TDABC specialist, having been invited, in 2009, to lecture next to Professor Kaplan in a conference for CFOs in Amsterdam. Since 2010, has been implementing TDABC in the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Logistics, Distribution, Healthcare, Social Services, Retail and Financial Services globally.