Rent-a-service controller is designed for companies that in a reliable and cost-effective way want to improve their business and adapt to new market conditions.
Challenges on the market
While controlling as a business function is not new (the name is mentioned in the 15th century), it has become more significant in practice over the past thirty years. Reasons for the development and the importance of controlling are the changes and challenges on the market that resulted from globalization and the economic slowdown compared to the period from the 1950s to the 1970s. Today is the Croatian economy in similar circumstances. Economic circumstances require resources to be used as effectively as possible, and each business decision and cash costs to be carefully reviewed in order not to threaten business.
Croatian accession to the European Union has created a lot of great opportunities on the market, but also dangers. Croatian companies now compete with foreign companies on domestic and foreign markets, and in order to survive and grow, they must be better than the competition. Power which Croatian companies have are certainly experiences employees. But in order to operate successfully, it is necessary to manage human, financial and capital resources effectively and in accordance with best international practices.
The role of the controller
The companies are managed by managers, and managers need controllers' help while performing their duties. As previously stated, the function of the controller is needed most when a company is going through a turbulent period of adjustment, reorganization or expansion.
How controllers help managers? The task of the controller is the integration of company's units into one single unit that coordinatively works towards achieving a common goal. In order to acomplish its goal and thereby use resources minimal, a company should operate coordinatively. So, in order to achieve the objective, it is necessary to determine the current status of the company (resources, competition, options), the desired state (goal) and how to achieve the goal (plan). Controllers are involved in the entire process.
Controllers collect, analyze and present financial and non-financial indicators of the company; with management, they establish a plan of action; with employees, they communicate specific goals, monitor the implementation and analyze the results.
Rent-a-Controller service is designed for companies that in a reliable and cost-effective way want to improve their operations and adapt to the new market conditions. Difficult economic circumstances and increasing competition require that resources are used effectively, and that the business processes adjust to the new conditions.
Controllers collect, analyze and present financial and non-financial indicators of the company; with management, they set up a plan of action; with employees, they communicate specific goals, monitor the implementation and analyze the results. The task of the controller is the integration of company's units into one single unit that coordinatively works towards achieving a common goal.
Whom is it intended
Rent-a-Controller service is designed for small companies for which it would not be cost effective to have their own controller. On the other hand, there is an option of making some of their managers being in charge for controlling. However, the most of those are not previously appropriately educated for dealing with controlling duties. Therefore, this option creates a huge risk for company's business.
Content of Rent-a-Controller service
With due respect to all the employees within a company, advisor from Business effectiveness will do the following things in a cooperation with company's management:
- analyze business resources and business processes (SWOT analysis), environment (PESTLE analysis) and competition (Porter's five factor analysis)
- if necessary, will propose a new way of collecting data on operations (possibly with the use of computer systems business intelligence)
- will propose attainable goals (strategy)
- will propose ways of achieving goals (tactics)
- after setting objectives, it will communicate to employees
- shall be required reallocation of resources
- will be periodically checking results and making corrections if necessary
- company's management will monitor the controller through the whole process in order to adapt him on a company's business policy
- after management is ready for a new way of doing business, the advisor will conclude his project
- advisor will remain available for needed consultation
Benefits of engaging controller from Business effectiveness through the Rent-a-Controller are the following:
- an experienced controller currently ready for business challenges
- controller is a variable cost, engaged as needed
- controller shares responsibility for results and success with management
- controller cooperates and respects all the employees in a company
- controller respects confidentiality of business data
- the company will, in addition to controller's help, have the support of the entire team from Business effectiveness which has expertise in various areas
For any questions, or need for customizing the program to your specific needs, Business effecitiveness consultants are at your disposal.